Frequently Asked Questions

On this page you can find frequently asked questions with answers. If you still have a question that is not listed, you can send us a message using the contact form.

How do I get in touch with you? 

Send an email to info@abacenterinternational to make an appointment for an intake. 

What is your staff’s educational background?

Bachelor’s and Master’s level educated people with a psychology background. Most of our health care providers are SKJ registered.  

What type of training do you give your staff?

We give a 40-hour ABA RBT training (Registered Behavior Technician), various field training, administrative and face to face clinical training, across 4 weeks.

How many hours of treatment does my child receive? 

This depends on the age, care needs, and the availability of the family. This varies between 10-35 hours per week.  

Do you offer after-school care? 

Please let us know if you wish. If there are sufficient applications, we would like to consider this. 

What kind of quality certification do you have? 

We are HKZ certified since December 2020. 

How long does an intake assessment take? 

On average, this takes 10-15 hours, depending on the development and degree of behavioral problems.  

Can the ABA treatment start during the assessment/intake? 

Yes, in many cases the parent training can start and the Behavior Technician can start basic ABA treatment.

How long does it take from the application for funding to the start of ABA treatment? 

Depending on the demand for care, this can take 3 months or more. 

Where is the treatment taking place? 

On an outpatient basis in the client’s environment. In Amsterdam, we have a treatment room within a school environment.  

What is ABA? 

See: What is ABA 

What should I do if my child is sick? 

Please call as soon as possible to inform us to cancel the care. We like to work with physically healthy people who have the energy to learn. We also don’t want to spread disease. We follow the RIVM advice regarding COVID-19 symptoms.  

Can I go on vacation? 

Yes. Please indicate the vacation wishes once a year. Depending on how long you go on vacation, your current Behavior Technician may be assigned to another family because our Behavior Technicians will have to be paid.  

Do you also private payments? 

Yes. Your child can also be treated without insurance or PGB.  

Do you also accept English speaking clients? 

Yes, we specialize in working with expat families and collaborate with International Schools. 

Do you also give online treatment? 

Yes. This can be done at all times 

How do you deal with COVID-19? 

We follow the RIVM guidelines.

How many clients are treated by one Behavior Technician? 

In general, we offer 1 to 1 ABA treatment. If a learner is ready to learn social skills, we can provide 1 in 2 care where we divide the hours of care between the two learners. 

Do you also treat adults?  


What are your locations? 

We currently work in the following provinces: North Holland, Friesland and Groningen. 

Do you offer school treatment?

Yes, we also provide ABA treatment at school and we train teachers. We work together with SPO West in Amsterdam.

How do you help my adult child who needs help with work? 

We can go with your child to his or her work if necessary to provide guidance. We want to work towards them being able to go to work independently. We also assist with resume writing and other related skills.

Does ABA Center International have a ‘Raad van Commissarissen’?

Yes, ABA Center International has a Raad van Commissarissen.

What should I do if I have a complaint?

ABA Center International has a complaint procedure. You will receive this when registering as a client. If you have a complaint then it is always good to discuss this first with the person you are complaining about. If you cannot resolve it together, you may consider submitting an official complaint. You can find detailed information about this when you click on this link

Do you administer medication yourself?

We strive not to administer medication at ABA Center International. Wherever possible, medicine is administered by the parents themselves. When a learner still needs to be given medication at ABA Center International, a ‘Drug Administration Agreement’ must always be filled in and returned. By medicine or medicines, we mean medicines that have been prescribed by a doctor or specialist, but also self-care medicines. The medication must always be taken in its original packaging with a package leaflet and written out on the individual in question. The drug must have been used once before to prevent a possible allergic reaction at ABA Center International. The learner’s name should be written. Medication is carefully stored in a closed cupboard out of the reach of our learners.